Thursday 23 June 2011

23 Things for Professional Development

So here is where this blog may start to get confusing...as well as Cam 23 2.0, I've decided to have a go at the 23 Things for Professional Development and put it all on the same blog. Will this work? I hope so!

I'm hoping to be able to keep up with both 23 things programmes. When doing last year's 23 Things, I found it very helpful to have set things to do and reflect on each week, and a deadline to work towards. Sometimes it can be difficult to fit CPD into the normal working week, so this structure is a great way of ensuring that it doesn't get put off! I'm looking forward to the wide mixture of things, including the less-technology focussed ones. Some of the things I know a bit about and some will be completely new to me (e.g. Jing). The reflection weeks will be useful as I'd like to improve on reflective practice, something which will be good practice for Chartership.

One of the aspects of CPD23 that is particularly interesting to me is that so many people all over the world can get involved. I'll be interested to have a look at some blogs from outside the Cambridge library sector as well as within. Thing 2, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I'm trying to do both on one blog, too, so we can confuse people together!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete