Wednesday 20 July 2011

CPD23 blogging

I've already got behind with the cpd23 things, but the meet ups happening this week are spurring me on to do another thing before I meet some other lovely cpd23ers. I think I have subconciously put off thing 2, just because there are so many blogs out there! The Delicious participant list really helps with this though. I decided to look at a couple of blogs tagged with UK and higher education first, as this is the sector that I am in.

I found a fellow blogger who, like me, was also just getting started with the things and commented on their post. A few bloggers have registered but not yet posted about cpd23 things, so it is reassuring that I am not the only one who hasn't got to thing 7 yet!

Having decided to also try a serendipitous approach, I clicked on a couple of blogs from the list showing the latest updated on the cpd23 site. I enjoyed reading A Librarian Learning to Blog (and other things!). I've discovered a few other bloggers who are working towards chartership, or are new professionals in other sectors to mine. I'm hoping that by following some of these I will see new perspectives on the things and learn a bit about other library/information sectors. Like PalelyLoitering, I was also drawn to blogs with names or post titles that looked interesting or just happened to catch my eye.

Following a few links on the blogs that I read led me to the Neon Librarian (love the bright picture on the blog page), and back to Cambridge, where I recognised a few blogs from the Cam23 Things and Cam23 2.0 programmes. Nice to see some familiar blogs as well as new ones!  Looking forward to following some of blogs that I have found throughout the programme - hope we can learn from each other!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, it was good to meet you again at the Cambridge event. I realised when reading your fist post where we had met - I think I sat next to you at the Annie Mauger meeting earlier in the year.
    Last night's event was very enjoyable and I found your latest post useful - I shall try out Lightshot, cos like you I find Paint very clunky.
    I need to do a bit more work on the look of my own blog, wordpress is slightly different. I have created a Blogspot site for my Library and I'm hoping to get that up and running for Sept.
    Best wishes Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny, it was good to see you again too. Yes, I remember sitting next to you at the Annie Mauger meeting now! I had a look at your blog and like the look of it - do you prefer Wordpress to Blogger? Good luck with the Blogspot site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even a CPD23 participant and I'm finding the other blogs fascinating - there are some seriously talented writers among librarians! I find that blogging is so much more fruitful when you know you're not just talking into the ether.

    And I'm glad the meet-up went well!

    ReplyDelete