Monday 18 July 2011

Screenshots - no more tears?

I had never heard of Lightshot before, but reading about Thing 5 I thought it sounded great. Then I tried to download it...

Perhaps I was just having a bad day, but I didn't find the download process very user friendly. In fact, I tried three times because it didn't seem to have done anything and I didn't notice a feather in the corner of the toolbar. So I gave up and tried to print screen something, when to my surprise the screen greyed out and the Lightshot icons appeared.  Once I got going with Lightshot, I found it easy to use and much less fiddly than editing in Paint. To remind myself of how fiddly editing screenshots in Paint is, I had a go at some and all the memories of trying to select a section that won't all fit in the Paint window in order to crop the picture came flooding back. Lightshot makes this much simpler. Here is a screenshot of my Twitter page, complete with new tweet from Twitterfeed.




In general I tend not to bother with browser addons, because I'm always using different browsers and have never felt the need. Hopefully discovering Lightshot will inspire me to try out some others. After all, I don't know what I am missing if I don't know what is out there...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had trouble installing it! If there's no feather in your toolbar maybe you installed the desktop version of LightShot rather than the browser version? Anyway I'm glad it's working for you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! Yes I probably had installed the desktop version without realising, silly me! Am glad I got to try it out as it's a neat little tool.

    ReplyDelete