Friday 25 November 2011

cpd23 reflections #cpd23

Ah, time out for a breather and some reflecting (but not too long a breather with the deadline fast approaching!) So, here are some quick reflections...

What have I learnt from the programme so far?
  • I benefitted from thing 3 branding, as I have now given some thought to my online identity.
  • I've gained from exploring new networks, meeting some new people and discovering new blogs, where it is great to see other people's views on the cpd23 things (as well as the other things they are blogging about).
  • It has also been useful to reflect on things such as mentoring, and actually put something in writing about them. In the future, looking back at this sort of thing can be a reminder of what I was thinking at the time, and it might be helpful when it comes to putting together my portfolio.
  • This programme and the Cam23 things programme have both given me things to blog about, which has helped me get over my initial nervousness about blogging. I doubt that I would have a blog if I hadn't undertaken these programmes. However, now that I do have a blog, I hope to carry it on after the end of the programme.

What will I integrate into my working routine?
Some things I just have no need for at the moment, but others are useful right now.
  • I use Twitter for current awareness, but still don't engage in conversations with others as much as I could.
  • I now make more use of RSS feeds as I follow more blogs than before, although I still look at my blogger dashboard more regularly than my feed reader.
  • Zotero is the reference management tool that I have started using for possible chartership references.
  • Lightshot is now my tool of choice for screenshots.

Here comes the obligatory reflection photo - any excuse to pretend it's still summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment