Wednesday 21 September 2011

Organising references #cam23

Since finishing university, I haven't really felt the need to use any reference management tools. I have an account for Endnote Web, which I set up and explored so I would be able to help students who were using it. I also tried zotero a couple of years ago, but having no real need to save or export large numbers references, my account languished forgotten. Now I thought I would resurrect it for my chartership references. I like a web-based programme as most of my references are from the web.

I had to remind myself of how to get references in my zotero library. After a brief distraction caused by removing a spider (eek!) from my working space, I got down to work. A look at the very helpful quick start guide was all I needed to get started, and it was very easy to add items to zotero from LibrarySearch. Here is the start of my zotero library:

I aim to keep using this for any possible chartership-related references, and then use this as the basis for my bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment