Friday 16 September 2011

Various things, briefly #cam23

First up is LibraryThing. Everything I said in my previous blog post still applies, I think. I haven't used it for my own books, but there are some useful features for libraries.

My thoughts on Facebook for libraries and LinkedIn have already been covered in my previous blog post for the cpd23 programme, so I won't repeat myself here!

I'd no idea what tumblr was until now. I had a look at some tumblrs (is this really the plural of tumblr? It just looks wrong!) and like the look of them. Since I have already started this blog on blogger, it makes sense to me to carry on in this way, but I I like the visual look of tumblr and may be tempted to try a tumblr next time I need to set something up similar up.  One for the future then!

Similarly, I hadn't heard of posterous before, but I liked the Judge Business School's idea of using it as an online handout to showcase tools. Having looked at a few posterouses (this also looks wrong as a plural!), I would consider using it for a group blog.

1 comment:

  1. This is the trouble with all these new social media platforms with their odd names! Posteri perhaps?

    ReplyDelete